40 Lessons, 5 Modules, 1 Course.
Unavoidable Writing is a revolutionary approach to overcoming writer’s block, creative stuckness and starving artist syndrome.
From healer, teacher and writer Dave Ursillo (DaveUrsillo.com), this writing course invites you along a three-part journey into the heart of what you’re avoiding.
- Flip typically over-masculinized writing advice upside down and learn how to embrace writing as a self-healing practice in self-awareness.
- Guided by journaling prompts, creative exercises and unique perspectives, you’ll turn even the most stubborn inner resistance into a source of creative refuge for years to come.
- Full 40-lesson e-course is self-guides, self-paced and only $274. Register now.
Take a journey into the heart of your relationship to writing.
Mindful, holistic and experiential at its core, Unavoidable Writing guides you through a personal journey to uncover, understand, and heal your resistance to writing, once and for all.
Exploring the most common forms of stuckness, avoidance and “writer’s block,” you’ll discover a rewarding pathway into new creative flow:
- Take a 3-Part Journey to Turn Your Resistance Into Your Refuge. Dozens of original prompts, smart exercises, and guidance to show you how to evolve your personal journaling time into a self-support system for maximum creative self-expression.
- Reclaim Your Writing from “The Three Shadows of Writing.” Fear, guilt, shame. They manifest as uncertainty, indecision, and imposter syndrome for the writer in you. You’ll learn how to identify these subtle shadow behaviors that not only hold you back in your writing, but elsewhere in your life.
- Identify Self-Limiting Beliefs and Stories of Stuckness. You’ll understand the quiet ways we as humans learn how to subconsciously assign the story of writer’s block onto our creative practices. In the course, you’ll compare your own beliefs against a collection of 30+ common scripts that have been expressed by my writing clients over the years.
- Discover “The Three Promises of Writing.” Home, harmony, wholeness. A practice that gives foundational stability to your life. A blend of embodiment and expression of your innermost values. A sense of mission, purpose and leadership in your life. Discover the ultimate potential of expressing yourself more fully in your writing, as in your life.
Unavoidable Writing will teach you how to establish a self-supportive and highly sustainable personal writing practice that you can live alongside for years to come.
Without a whiff of goal-setting, pressure-intense timers or enormous word-count goals, this refreshingly supportive approach to “writing more” and “writing better” flips all the conventional writing advice that you’ve been told before on its head.
What You’ll Do
Blending yogic philosophy with practical application of prompts and exercises, Unavoidable Writing invites you to:
- Demystify your creative desires and finally understand your calling to write, once and for all. You don’t need to be a “writer” in title or by profession: this course focuses on the writer behind the writing. That’s you!
- Nix imposter-syndrome, woe-is-me, and other self-limiting beliefs that have bogged down your creativity for far too long. Unavoidable Writing will guide you into reconnecting to feelings of stability, joy, flow, and a stronger sense of self through your writing practice.
- Awaken the full spectrum of the soul you are through intimate self-awareness practices that guide strength of character, self-knowledge, and actionable steps to expressing your soul-code in the world.
Reframe your practice of writing away from being a “thing to do,” a “habit you have to maintain” or the occasional 30-day challenge.
You’re invited to turn your writing into an audacious act of self-care. A detoxification process for clearing doubts and clarifying your direction. A space for continual conversation with your soul.
…Unavoidable Writing shows you the way.
Part 1: Turning Resistance Into Refuge
- 1.1 Welcome to Unavoidable Writing
- 1.2 Why We’re Here
- 1.3 The Unavoidable Writing Approach
- 1.4 The Three Promises of Writing
- 1.4.1 The First Promise: Home
- 1.4.2 The Second Promise: Harmony
- 1.4.3 The Third Promise: Wholeness
- 1.5 Quiz: “Which ‘Promise’ Holds the Most Potential For Me?”
Part 2: Embracing Avoidance
- 2.1 A Brief History of Avoidance
- 2.2 Why Writers Avoid Writing
- 2.3 The Four Conditions of Avoidance
- 2.3.1 Choice (#1) and Awareness (#2)
- 2.3.2 Presence (#3) and Regression (#4)
- 2.4 How Avoidance Shows You the Way
- 2.5 Prompt: “Am I Avoiding My Writing?”
Part 3: The Promise of Home
- 3.1 Unpacking the Fear Shadow
- 3.1.1 Pause Goal-Setting
- 3.1.2 Nix Word-Counts and Timers
- 3.1.3 Keep Your Words Private
- 3.2 Make Writing Your Home
- 3.2.1 Establish Your Writing Environment
- 3.2.2 Uncover Your Stories
- 3.2.3 Try ‘Attunement Journaling’
- 3.3 Conclusion: The Promise of Home
Part 4: The Promise of Harmony
- 4.1 Unpacking the Guilt Shadow
- 4.1.1 Distinguish ‘Need’ from ‘Want’
- 4.1.2 Break the ‘Writing is Selfish’ Pitfall
- 4.1.3 Enlist Your People (Don’t Go It Alone)
- 4.2 Cultivate Creative Harmony
- 4.2.1 Source Your Voice
- 4.2.2 Write to Explore (Less to Explain)
- 4.2.3 Try ‘Pouring’ Onto the Page
- 4.3 Conclusion: The Promise of Harmony
Part 5: The Promise of Wholeness
- 5.1 Unpacking the Shame Shadow
- 5.1.1 Calling Yourself a Writer
- 5.1.2 Writing as ‘Being’, Not ‘Being Busy’
- 5.1.3 Keep a Compliments Journal
- 5.2 Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- 5.2.1 See What You Know
- 5.2.2 Creating Self-Affirming Practices
- 5.2.3 Be Seen (and Become the Seer)
- 5.3 Conclusion: The Promise of Wholeness
Transform your resistance into refuge.
Unavoidable Writing is available now. Get the full self-guided course, lifetime access, plus all future updates and improvements included free — starting at just $274.
Your purchase is powered by Paypal or Stripe and is secured with state of the art 256-bit SSL encryption. I never see, let alone store, your sensitive data. Email address is private, forever. No spam, ever.
Your happiness is guaranteed. I will personally see to it that you are satisfied with your investment, or your money back, no questions asked. All love.
“I’m only in Part 1 and I’ve had a huge Aha! moment already. Just. Woah.”
— Jess G. in Virginia
“Well holy shit. Yup. This chapter definitely resonated with me. I cried while reading the guilt scripts. I’ve thought almost all of them, in crippling and controlling ways.”
— Hope K. in Cambodia
“I’m almost done with Part 1 and I’m so… touched, impressed and surprised. To be very frank, not much out there feels new or exciting in the realm of self-realization for me. But *this* is impressive. Like, straight excellence.”
— Laura V. in Florida
“I’ve been wanting to get my writing out there for a while, but I’ve had a hard time identifying what exactly is holding me back. But already, the idea of writing ‘just for my own enjoyment’ is really helping me reconnect to my writing.”
— Rolando P. in California
“I’m feeling grateful for so many things in this world, and one of them is your writhing course. I love the fact that I can read your prompts, meditate on them, and then effortlessly write. Putting pen to paper for me has always been therapeutic to my soul, and your course is helping that therapy become routine again.”
— Bonnie D. in Rhode Island
“There is just so much good stuff in this course! I am making notes, scribbling new insights, and having reactions all over the place!”
— Christianne M. in Colorado
“Dave’s creative teachings have been life-altering for me. For the first time in my life, there is resounding forward motion as a creative. My writing is pouring out these days!”
— Tracye D. in Florida
“I would recommend that any writer get on board with his creative teachings — because it is spearheaded by Dave Ursillo, a man who walks his talk.”
— Cheryl C. in Texas
“Not only has my writing gotten better, but I feel like I have evolved as a person as well.”
— Matt C. in Chicago
“My identity as a writer has shifted dramatically. Dave made me into a published author. I’m more confident than ever that I’m on the right path.”
— Milo M. in Scotland
“Dave’s ability to look at my words with precision and care was enough to give me the courage to keep going.”
— Diane P. in New York
“Dave creates a dedicated, sacred space to help me keep moving forward as a writer, and it’s clear his power is to help others do the same. Speaking with Dave feels like speaking with someone who sparks my imagination.”
— Jillian K. in Philadelphia
“Dave was in my dream a few days ago, at the front of a classroom and encouraging me to ‘Write, write, write.’ He asked me why I wasn’t writing; why I was holding back. My subconscious mind associates Dave as a natural writing mentor, and the leadership he gives to his writing clients proves it.”
— Beatriz A. in Philadelphia