Unparalleled Seenness, Extraordinary Support: This is Writer’s Group of Two℠
Writer’s Group of Two℠ is a coaching and writers’ group service for individual writing clients that mindfully blends writing coaching with peer review and strategic editing of writing on a weekly basis. This bespoke creative partnership is ideal for budding writers, aspiring authors, change makers and thought leaders who desire a level of unparalleled seenness, extraordinary personal support, and intimate creative collaboration with a very trustworthy peer. Starting at $372/mo. Apply Now »
What It Is
Writer’s Group of Two℠ synthesizes the magic of a large writers’ group down to its most potent, motivating, and outcome-producing elements: deep personal support, genuine creative partnership, ongoing accountability, and hands-on writing help in a long-term container guided by clarity-seeking, fun, and complete non-judgment.
At its core, Writer’s Group of Two℠ is precisely that: a private writer’s group that functions like any other, except with two participants:
You and your guide, Dave Ursillo, the creator of Unavoidable Writing.
- Are you a writer-at-heart who has felt creatively stifled lately?
- Do you write for work, but dream of having a personal practice to call “your own”?
- Are you called to put messages of light, love and encouragement out into a world that desperately needs them?
If so, Writer’s Group of Two℠ may be for you.
Intersecting the personal attention of one-on-one coaching with the unparalleled seenness and creative support you’ve come to expect from him, Dave steps into the role of all-in-one cheerleader, friend
Demystify your creative goals alongside a professional writer whose work has spanned a decade of platform building, blogging, self-publishing, copywriting, business storytelling, consulting, and teaching workshops, seminars, speaking gigs and retreats on 4 continents for over 4,000 students and clients.
What You Receive
- 4- to 6-Months’ Worth of Coaching Calls. Potent recurring phone calls provide a built-in structure for gentle accountability, continuous support, and unlimited personal support for getting your writing unstuck, for good.
- Writing Peer-Reviewed + Strategically Edited. Every week, you have the opportunity to submit up to 5 pages (or 2,250 words) of your writing for Peer Reviewing and Strategic Editing via Google Docs. Over 6 months, that can total up to 54,000 words of writing — equal to a full non-fiction book.
- Longterm Clarity (+ Plans to Achieve) Your Writing Goals. Start a new daily journaling rhythm to balance out the stress of work or everyday life. Begin a new blog post publishing habit of one new article, every week. Start to plan, outline, and execute your long-dreamed-of book. We’ll figure out exactly what your writing goals are, and lay out a flexible and supportive plan for actually achieving them.
- Each Coaching Session Recorded, Archived + Delivered to You. Every audio call is recorded, archived in your personal Google Drive folder, and sent along to you within 1 day for your downloading and future re-listening.
- Every Call, Recapped; All Goals, Summarized. After each coaching call, you receive a full summary of your discussion from Dave’s point of view, including a bird’s eye overview of major themes, trends and patterns; plus, weekly goals and suggested “homework” assignments summarized for you alongside specific dates and expectations.
- Bespoke Writing Prompts, Article Brainstorming + Piece Outlining. Receive custom writing prompts, article brainstorming, and piece outlining for each designated article you intend to submit for Peer Reviewing, every week. Need-Be Basis / When Applicable.
- Personalized Webinar-Style Micro-Lessons. Receive short video recordings in webinar-style format, delivered to your inbox, to help heal writing hang-ups, overcome creative road-blocks, or apply proactive creative tactics, along your multi-month journey. Need-Be Basis / When Applicable
- Survey Assessments to Measure Your Outcomes. Unlike typically nebulous coaching experiences, Writer’s Group of Two℠ utilizes intake, midpoint and concluding assessment questionnaires to help improve the coaching process throughout your multi-month journey, while also illustrating some of your tangible growth and outcomes by the end of your journey.
How It Works
#1) Apply for Your Writer’s Group of Two℠. Limited to just a handful of active clients per session, this bespoke and personalized coaching service is as much about witnessing who you are “off the page” and supporting your life beyond writing as it is about accessing your fullest creative potential.
#2) Set a No-Pressure, Non-Salesy Exploratory Call. You don’t see a check-out link below. That’s because, with such a meaningful investment at stake, your potential writing coach and guide, Dave Ursillo, has your best interests at heart. After submitting your application, you’ll have a voice-to-voice meet and greet (30 to 60 minutes) and dialogue on goals, what’s up in your life right now, and what you’d like to achieve in your creative partnership.
#3) Set Tentative Coaching Call Schedule. Flexible scheduling for the win! Choose between 30-minute calls every week, or lump your half hour sessions into 1-hour coaching calls, every other week. Whether you desire consistent accountability for maximum momentum, or a more thoughtful and reflective pace, you receive the same quantity and quality of support over your Writer’s Group of Two℠.
#4) Pre-Work: Submit Intake Survey + Writing Sample for Voice-Values Analysis. A pre-work survey and recent writing sample kick off your accountability to your goals. Your first session includes a detailed explanation of your top voice values: the natural energies and core feeling states that comprise your authentic writing voice. Get ready to pull back the veil on the voice you’ve been longing truly to understand for years.
#5) Coaching Sessions Begin. Your weekly (or every-other-weekly) coaching rhythm begins! In each session, you’ll uncover stories, decode struggles, and demystify your writing desires. All you need to bring to the table in your Writer’s Group of Two℠ are an open mind, honesty, and curiosity. By understanding your common hang-ups, and exploring your earnest wants from your writing practice, you’ll discover a genuinely fun and indisputably rewarding pathway for accomplishing your creative goals.
#7) Write, Reflect, Repeat. Week-to-Week. Now it’s time to get some real significant writing done. Every week, you submit up to 5 pages (or 2,250 words) of content for Dave to peer review and strategically edit. That’s potentially up to 54,000 words! All the while, you’ll be embodying the very qualities and conditions that suit your best personal writing practice. Expect to improve your writing environment, practice efficiency, voice development, style and genre needs, and the underlying influences that support a lifelong relationship to the written word.
Ready to Begin Your Own Writer’s Group of Two℠?
Submit Your No-Pressure Application
Writer’s Group of Two℠ is available to limited clients at any given time, so apply now to get the conversation started with your future coach and guide, Dave Ursillo. No hard sales tactics. You’re treated as a human, not a transaction, through and through.
Payment plans available upon acceptance. Plus save 10% when you pay in full up front. Your purchase will be powered by Paypal or Stripe and is secured with state of the art 256-bit SSL encryption. I never see, let alone store, your sensitive data. Email address is private, forever. No spam, ever.
Expect a response within 1 business day. I will personally review and reach out to you via email, at which time we will set up a no-pressure, non-salesy conversation by phone to assess your goals, expectations, and whether we agree this is a good fit for us both!
Praise & Testimonials
“Dave brings deep experience and devotion to his teachings. What a gift to study with such a kind, smart and compassionate man! He cares that you learn, that you grow, and that you get all that you came for — which, especially in this age of online hucksters and overnight experts, is a rare and beautiful thing.”
— Jennifer Louden, Best-Selling Author and Teacher
“I’ve known Dave as a teacher of writing, yoga and self-expression for nearly a decade. I can’t recommend working with him highly enough! He brings incredible heart and soul to underline his passion for helping others. Expect the perfect blend of encouragement with practical tools to get you unstuck, inspired, and excited to share your truth.”
— Jenny Blake, Professional Author and Speaker
“Dave’s creative teachings have been life-altering for me. For the first time in my life, there is resounding forward motion as a creative. My writing is pouring out these days!”
–Tracye D., Artist and Instructor (Tampa, FL)
“I would recommend that any writer get on board with his creative teachings — because it is spearheaded by Dave Ursillo, a man who walks his talk.”
— Cheryl C., Real Estate Consultant and Author (Austin, TX)
“Not only has my writing gotten better, but I feel like I have evolved as a person as well.”
— Matt C., Former Writers’ Group Member (Chicago, IL)
“My identity as a writer has shifted dramatically. Dave made me into a published author. I’m more confident than ever that I’m on the right path.”
— Milo M., Professional Marketer and Content Writer (Edinburgh, Scotland)
“Dave’s ability to look at my words with precision and care was enough to give me the courage to keep going.”
— Diane P., Business Coach (Stamford, CT)
“Dave creates a dedicated, sacred space to help me keep moving forward as a writer, and it’s clear his power is to help others do the same. Speaking with Dave feels like speaking with someone who sparks my imagination.”
— Jillian K., Former Writers’ Group Member (Philadelphia, PA)
“Dave was in my dream a few days ago, at the front of a classroom and encouraging me to ‘Write, write, write.’ He asked me why I wasn’t writing; why I was holding back. My subconscious mind associates Dave as a natural writing mentor, and the leadership he gives to his writing clients proves it.”
— Beatriz A., Coach and Consultant, (Philadelphia, PA)
About Your Coach & Guide
Dave Ursillo is a healer, teacher and writer. Formerly an aspiring political speechwriter, Dave abandoned the world of public service with a dream to use his words to make positive change in the world. After more than 5 years of working closely with 300 writers from 12 countries, Dave developed Unavoidable Writing to teach an intuitive framework for turning personal points of resistance, struggle, or blockage into a precise pathway for effortless writing. Learn more about Dave at DaveUrsillo.com
Is later a better time to apply for Writer’s Group of Two℠?
Whether cash is tight, time is short, or later feels better, trust your gut. Just sign up for the wait list below so I can invite you to consider starting a Writer’s Group of Two℠ again in the near future: